Wednesday 21 July 2010

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside



July is always a busy month for us. Not least because it starts with my birthday and I do like to celebrate as many times as I can (I figure I'm getting to get older no matter what so I might as well have a party!).

Matt and I don't buy each other gifts for birthdays, we buy "experiences"! This year he treated me a trip to the Kentish seaside town of Whitstable to celebrate the final year of my 20s. I have wanted to go for ages and it's only 45 minutes away so perfect for a day out.

We were incredibly lucky with the weather, it was a beautiful sunny day (dare I say a little too hot!) so we really made the most of it. We wondered around the lovely little non-chain shops (bliss!) - Frank is a gorgeous shop with wonderful little gifts, the cheese shop where we bought a selection of Kentish cheeses to take home, Sundae, Sundae which does delicious flavoured ice cream in little boats, and numerous other lovely shops.





We visited the seafood market and treated ourselves to some fish and chips:




We spent a good while wondering along the beach and even went for a swim in the sea!




Here are some of the other highlights:






If you haven't been I would urge you to, particularly on a sunny day, it really is lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment