Wednesday 1 July 2009

Beautiful Bouquets and Sunbathing Chickens

I have today off work because I'm going to see Take That at Wembley this afternoon (eeek!) so this morning I am catching up with the garden jobs that I've been neglecting for a long time.

Summer has truely arrived - it is so hot outside today I've had to come indoors already and it's only 10am, i can't imagine how hot Wembley Stadium is going to be later! The exciting this about summer being here is that we have our first flowers from the garden. I've never grown anything which could be used as cut flowers before so this is very exciting. This is the bouquet I put together this morning. Hardly award winning but very fragrant and really brightens up the dining room:



The chickens are also a little bit lethargic in this heat, which makes them much more manageable to keep off the beds and Dymchurch has taken to sunbathing:



Last night we had a meeting about our community allotment. The agreement for the land is very nearly finalised so we're hoping that we can start clearing the site before the summer is out and perhaps get some things planted for over-wintering, which is very exciting indeeed! Our plot is going to be about 4x10 metres so not massive but big enough! I'm starting to plan the planting already.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bex - thank you for the recipe idea for my Edzell Blues - I'll give it a try :-)

    Have fun at Wembley - cripes! it's gonna be a scorcha!

    Good luck with the plot.

    Celia from PPPs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Celia. I had the same problem with some very pretty and impractical purple spuds last year so I know how it feels! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete