Saturday 9 January 2010

Christmas present round-up

We both got some brilliant presents this year so I thought I would share a quick summary of some of them (I'm not going to say "favourites" because that would be unfair to the other presents!). While you're reading this I want you to be humming the tune from "the gallery" (think Tony Hart)

This lovely Country Living jug came with the utensils. Beautiful AND practical:



This jug was sneakily purchased under my very nose. It was made by the Hadlow pottery, run by adults with learning disabilities just down the road from here and I've been admiring it for ages. It's a pastoral scene and so beautiful with the fields wrapping around the jug:



This is a cider jug. Beautifully "rustic" and one day might hold our very own cider! (that's it for jugs now, I promise!)



Although the butter churn has had an outing in another post it deserves a mention in all it's glory so here it is:



This lovely cast iron cockerel door stop, now taking pride of place in our dining room:



A plethora of Cath Kidston books. The two big books have a project in each (both bags - one tote and one handbag) and the little book is stickers which I can't wait to use but also don't want to because they'll all go!



Hoe, Hoe, Hoe! Once all of this snow has gone and the soil has warmed up a little bit this handy tool will do brilliantly at preparing the soil for all of our summer sowing!



For the allotment we also got a rhino runner which we didn't manage to fit in the car so we will have to collect or have dropped off later. It's like this:



Katy also got us some wild flower seeds, which I think I am going to try to sow on the slope at the back of the allotment. There are brambles there so we'll have to try to keep them at bay but it would be great to have some wild flowers to pick. We also got a garden planner so that'll be great for planning out our plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment