Sunday 17 January 2010

Quick allotment update

The other news of the weekend is from the allotment. We spent a lovely sunny few hours down there today - I took the raspberry canes and blackcurrant bush from the garden and planted them, along with a new blackcurrent, red current and red goosberry, into what will be our fruit cage. I was amazed that the 3 raspberry canes that we arrived in Tonbridge with are now 8!

I also dug a bit of compost into two of the beds to get them ready for potatoes in a couple of months.

Matt meanwhile built two more raised beds from pallet slats that we had salvaged from the back of Homebase (it was broken, honest guv) - we now have 6 raised beds (and the fruit cage space) and room for 4 more. We have also left some room in the middle for a bench and some cold frames - one of our neighbours is having some windows replaced next week so she is going to share her old windows with us as long as help her to build some cold frames too. fair deal I say!

I didn't take the camera so don't have any photos I'm afraid but I will try to get down there to take some next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment