Monday 9 August 2010

Pergola shangrila

On Saturday night I had my last hen night of the year (number 5!) and Matt his penultimate wedding (number 4) so we went our seperate ways to eat drink and be merry. This made it doubly difficult to get up early on Sunday morning to lay a patio but lay we did...for 11 hours! We cam frustratingly close but the weather and the final episode of Sherlock conspired against us so we put it on hold and have just now finished.



The garden looks like a building site still, and the poor grass is suffering but by the weekend (in which we have nothing to do - hurrah!) we will have it all cleared and I will be spending Saturday digging a nice big hole for the giant pot I've bought for the fig tree while Matt finishes the patio edges and we attach the trellis. I might make a trip to the garden centre to get some nice shade loving plants for the back of the patio, where this is a little strip of mud.



After we finished there was nothing else to do that have a celebratory cheese cake and shandy. A meal fit for royalty!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty, well worth suffering the messy garden for. My garden was a bog when I dug the pond and built wall but was back to looking lovely in no time. x

    ReplyDelete